Saturday, March 17, 2012

Love

   "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." 2 John 6

   Love has been something that God has really been placing on my heart lately. Back in the fall, the Lord really convicted me that I need to love more like He does. So, I memorized the "Love Chapter" (1 Corinthians 13) and God has shown me so many things through that. Our human nature is one of selfishness and self-centeredness, but God calls His people to love like He does. Now I realize that we will never be able to fully comprehend His love on this side of earth, but I do believe that we can always learn more about His love through His word and through prayer. But what does it look like to love like God does? I think this verse tells us perfectly! If we walk in His way and obey him, we are loving Him! And when we love Him, we can show that love to this lost and hurting world.

   I always think of big red hearts when I think of the word love, which now makes me think of my own heart beating normally (again) inside of me. January was a scary month for me as I faced the fact that I needed heart surgery and then having the heart surgery 2 days before my 20th birthday. After a post-op appointment with my cardiologist this week, I just have to smile :) My God is bigger than anything I have faced or will faced! He has gone before me and made a way, even when I have little faith. My condition was serious 2 months ago and the surgery was not guaranteed to work. But I serve a mighty God who gave the doctor steady hands and allowed everything to work out perfectly! My God loves me more than I will ever be able to comprehend and He holds my hand every step of the journey.

   How have you seen God's love at work lately? It's all around us, all we have to do is open our eyes to see it.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment